We are proud to present this unique device, this anti-headache miracle pill, this installer's dream, this second life for old equipment, this researcher's paradise, this programmer's joy... the BRIDGE!
This is a NMEA 2000 bridge with a built-in compiler for a simple programming language, which is specially created for filtering, processing and creating NMEA 2000 messages.
No need for the a chart plotter with a NMEA 2000 diagnostics window (and not all chart plotters even have that option), no need for a NMEA 2000 USB gateway, no need for a laptop with USB gateway software. Just a mobile phone or tablet with a MicroSD socket and a simple text editor is enough to write programs for the Bridge and to read NMEA 2000 messages and the program's log, which are saved by the Bridge to a text file on a MicroSD card.
With a simple, two-line program you can isolate devices, correct the data in messages on the fly, filter specified messages, and... and anything else! Because the Bridge gives you "God mode" on a NMEA 2000 network. So, you can diagnose troubles easily and fix them immediately! Can't set a transducer offset for a depth sounder? No problem, we can adjust it on the fly!
Code samples and documentation are available on the product page: www.yachtd.com/products/nmea_bridge.html
If you share this article, you may help others solve old, annoying problems. Help them, share it!
- J1939 and Volvo Penta EVC funny video / September 2, 2016
- Announce: Yacht Devices NMEA 2000 Bridge / August 25, 2016
- Meet the NMEA 2000 Engine Gateway for Volvo Penta and J1939 engines / August 4, 2016
- Engine and Tank Monitoring Firmware / September 16, 2016
- Yacht Devices introduced its product line at the NMEA 2016 Conference & Expo in Naples, Florida / October 3, 2016
- Engine Gateway YDEG-04 firmware update v1.02 is released / October 6, 2016