Panbo, the #1 blog about marine electronics, published an independent review of a new product - Instruments Display YDTD-20N with a NMEA 2000 Micro Male connector, manufactured by "Yacht Devices Ltd".
"Seems to be the least expensive and least power thirsty N2K data display available...
The display might be a great addition to a lower helm, chart station or even in the galley to monitor tank levels (with a firmware update purportedly coming soon).
Power requirements are 20 milliamps (1 LEN) from the N2K drop or adapter cable which you will need to budget extra for", - writes author Adam Hyde.
To learn more about the Text Display see: www.yachtd.com/products/display.html.
The complete review is available here .
- The Display is in stock / April 6, 2016
- Analyze fuel and water consumption and the heeling impact with Voyage Recorder / March 14, 2016
- Meet the Display! / February 19, 2016
- Updates for Text Display and Voyage Recorder / May 16, 2016
- Your own depth map with Voyage Recorder and ReefMaster / May 16, 2016
- Review of our Instruments Text Display in SailBits / June 9, 2016